Sound Effects and Apps
The LV2 plugin standard
The MOD supports plugins written in the LV2 format, a modern, open and extensible plugin standard that was designed with real-time operation in mind.
See our plugin library. It’s always evolving.
By being flexible, LV2 allowed us to bring effects initially intended for desktops into the MOD hardware, and to create attractive graphical interfaces. It also allows developers to create new features in order to accommodate their needs.
There is an established community of LV2 developers already creating all of the classic effects you’d want, plus many unusual ones. It’s a vibrant, active community that makes high-quality effects.
Thanks to this community we were able to release the MOD Duo with more than a hundred high quality effects for you to enjoy. Just a few of the great developers we have onboard are OpenAV ArtyFX, CALF plugins, CAPS, Guitarix, and MDA.
If you want to learn more about this community we encourage you to visit the Linux Audio consortium website.
It’s not just about sound effects
Since the MOD runs a complete operating system, and thanks to the LV2 standard’s flexibility, each pedal you drag and drop in your virtual pedalboards can be much more than a simple sound processor.
The Looper, that is already available, is one example of that. But this is only the beginning.
We already have ideas and are developing apps such as sequencers, samplers, co-creation apps to allow you to create music with other users, teaching apps with video-tutorials, and even games!
FOR INFO ABOUT OUR HI-FI SOUNDBOARD, READ THIS TESTIMONIAL FROM MOD’S HARDWARE DESIGN ENGINEER, RAFAEL GUAYER.
Technical Specifications: MOD Duo
2 independent inputs:
- TS connectors
- Digital input impedance selector | line / microphone / instrument
- Programmable Gain Amplifier: ± 12 dB Gain, 0.5 dB step plus a 32 dB gain stage for microphone
2 independent outputs:
- TRS connectors (balanced)
- Volume Control: 0 to -127 dB, 0.5dB step
- TRS connector
- Digital volume control from +12dB to −33dB
True Bypass circuit
- Instrument: 1MΩ.
- Line: 75kΩ.
- Microphone: 3kΩ.
- Manufacturer: Cirrus Logic
- DAC: 104dB Dynamic Range. -90dB THD+N
- ADC: 104dB Dynamic Range. -95dB THD+N
- 24 bit / 48 kHz AD/DA
- Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
- Class AB Amplifier
- THD+N at 1kHz, 105mW continuous average output power into 16Ω: 0.1%
- THD+N at 1kHz, 70mW continuous average output power into 32Ω: 0.1%
- Dual Core ARM A7 1.0GHz
- Dual (or Quad) Core ARM A7 1.5GHz (Stretch Goal)
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB Flash Storage
- 2 knobs with LCD screen
- 2 foot switches with color LEDs
- MIDI IN connector – DIN 5 pins – for musical instruments and controllers
- MIDI OUT connector – DIN 5 pins
- Control-Chain – RJ-45 – for additional controllers
- USB HOST - USB 2.0 Standard-A type
- USB Bluetooth
- USB Wifi
- USB MIDI
- USB DEVICE - USB 2.0 Standard-B type
- USB Ethernet Adaptor
- USB Audio 2.0 (Stretch Goal)
Technical Specifications: MOD Quadra (Discontinued)
2 independent inputs
- XLR + TRS combo connectors
- TRS input level selector | line / instrument
- Gain control | -20 to +24 dBu
2 independent outputs
- TRS connectors
- Gain control | max 10 dBu (bal) / + 1.8 dBV (unbal)
- Headphone output with independent volume control
24 bit / 48 kHz AD/DA
True Bypass circuit
- Intel Atom N2800 1.8GHz
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB Storage
- 4 knobs with LCD screen
- 4 foot switches with color LEDs
- midi IN connector - DIN 5 pins - for musical instruments and midi controllers
- Control-Chain – Connection for additional controllers, such as expression pedals. Several peripherals can be added to the same connection
- USB connection for Bluetooth Dongle 2.0
- Full range built-in power supply – 100~240V